Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wendi's stone update

Quick blurb to update everyone about Wendi's salivary gland stone problems. Her surgery was yesterday. Here is what they pulled out of her...

I have read and heard from the medical professionals in our family that most salivary gland stones are about the size of a grain of sand. Wendi has had this one for more than 20 years and it grew to the size of a pea. In Mark's words, "That's a big honkin' stone!"

Though the surgery itself went well, she is having a difficult time swallowing, is in a lot of pain and is rather loopy from the pain meds. I feel bad for her. We are watching her condition closely.

So, I'm at home today again helping with Simon, who is blissfully oblivious to most of this, though I do think he understands that mommy isn't feeling very well. Oh well at least I got off work again.

Get well soon, hon.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow! That's crazy. I am glad it's out of her and she can start recovering now. Feel better soon!

Goose said...

At least look on the bright side, at least Wendi will have a great story to tell. We are happy that everything worked out and that she is in the process of recovering. We are moving back in a few weeks so we will come by and see you guys when we do.

Tankfos said...

Wow!! I know that recovering from surgery stinks, but I can't imagine having a stone like that wedged into my salivary ducts. Tell her she is in our thoughts and prayers.